Club Affiliation Now Open
- Club Affiliation is now open via the Whole Game Portal.
- Guidance on how to complete your affiliation can be found here.
- The cost to affiliate a team is £25 per junior team and £35 per adult team.
- Public Liability Insurance costs remain the same as last year.
Football clubs across the Sheffield & Hallamshire region can now start to affiliate their teams ready for the new season (2022/23).
What is affiliation?
Affiliation is the process by which clubs “register” with their County Football Association, allowing them to play affiliated football for the new season. It involves telling the county which teams you’ll be running, as well as the key officers and team officials involved in running your club
How much does affiliation cost?
With additional funding from The FA and Sport England over the last two years, the Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA was able to cover the cost of affiliation to protect our clubs from the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
With football now returning to normality for the new season, we are still committed to keeping our affiliations fees as affordable as possible, even with the current unprecedented rise in the cost of living.
The cost to affiliate a team to the Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA is £25 per junior team and £35 per adult team.
CLICK HERE for a full breakdown on our affiliation fees
To complete your affiliation, clubs are required to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance. This can be purchased through our chosen partner for insurance, Bluefin Sport, who have frozen the price of their Public Liability Insurance for another season.
If you opt to purchase Public Liability Insurance from a different provider, please note that a minimum indemnity cover of £10 million is required.
Public Liability Insurance (REQUIRED)
Our chosen partner for insurance, Bluefin Sport, has frozen the price of their Public Liability Insurance for another season. Public Liability Insurance provides protection against any claims made by third parties against you, e.g. claims for slips and trips or damage to third party property as a result of your negligence.
Clubs can purchase two types of Public Liability Insurance:
- County Cover £30
- County Cover Plus £60
Find out which cover is right for by CLICKING HERE
Personal Accident Insurance (REQUIRED)
Personal accident insurance cover is also available through Bluefin Sport. This provides protection for someone who is injured in an accident whilst participating in a club activity. This policy could provide either a lump sum benefit or weekly amount (dependent on the cover selected).
Details of this can be FOUND HERE
How do I affiliate?
The affiliation process should be completed via the Whole Game System (WHS) by entering the email attached to your FAN along with your password. If you can’t remember your password or do not have a password set up, please follow on the “Have you forgotten your password” link to recover it.
CLICK HERE for instructions on how to complete your affiliation via WHS.
For existing clubs, the affiliation forms will already be populated in the system and you will be able to login and simply edit details that have changed from the season before.
When using Whole Game System your application does not have to be completed in one go. You can always save your progress and come back to it at a later date, which can be particularly useful if you are a large club.
Clubs must have completed and submitted the affiliation on Whole Game System before 31st July.
All teams must have entered a County Cup competition by July 31st 2022.
What if I want to affiliate a new club?
Help is at hand for those wanting to set up a new football club. Our staff can support you with the setup of your new club on the Whole Game System.
To get started, email email@example.com and provide us with the following information:
- Name of your club
- Details (name, date of birth, address, phone number and email) of the Club Secretary, Chairman and Treasurer
- Address of your home ground
County Cup Competitions
County Cup entry is mandatory for the 2022-23 season for all adult teams and U13 and U16 youth teams.
The cost to enter a County Cup competition is £35 per team.
Please note that if you do not affiliate your club/team by the closing date of any cup competition, you will not be entered but you will still be required to pay a fee equivalent to the entry fee (£35). Cup draws will be made after the respective closing date.
CLICK HERE for more information on County Cup fees.
Why should I affiliate?
Affiliation acts as a quality assurance and as a safety net to help protect players, clubs, officials and administrators throughout the game.
- Being legally affiliated to the Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA; the second-oldest football governing body after the Football Association (FA).
- Contacts with all local leagues, clubs and players
- Promotion via our website and links
- Eligibility to compete in County FA competitions (e.g. County Cups)
- Discipline, Fair Play and Respect
- Funding Opportunities
- Access to advice from County FA staff plus FA regional development, coaching and facilities personnel
- Access to purchase public liability and personal injury insurance for your club, team and players
- Access to The FA welfare programme
- Access to County FA and FA communications, including your chance to help shape future development
- Access to qualified referees for your matches
- Opportunities to participate in FA football development schemes such as Charter Standard Awards (this provides even further benefits)
- Access to player and coaching development opportunities
Who can help me affiliate?
We have created a club affiliation page where you will find guides, tips and FAQs to assist you through the affiliation process.
Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA staff are also on hand to help clubs through the affiliation process.
For support with your affiliation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include as much detail in your email as possible to help us resolve your ticket quickly.Visit our club affiliation page