Affiliation is the process by which clubs “register” with their County Football Association, allowing them to play affiliated football for the new season. It involves telling the county which teams you’ll be running, as well as the key officers and team officials involved in running your club.
Affiliation acts as a quality assurance and as a safety net to help protect players, clubs, officials and administrators throughout the game.
- Being legally affiliated to the Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA; the second-oldest football governing body after the Football Association (FA).
- Contacts with all local leagues, clubs and players
- Promotion via our website and links
- Eligibility to compete in County FA competitions (e.g. County Cups)
- Discipline, Fair Play and Respect
- Funding Opportunities
- Access to advice from County FA staff plus FA regional development, coaching and facilities personnel
- Access to purchase public liability and personal injury insurance for your club, team and players
- Access to The FA welfare programme
- Access to County FA and FA communications, including your chance to help shape future development
We are pleased to confirm our prices have remained fixed from the 22/23 season.
The cost to affiliate a team to the Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA is £25 per junior team and £35 per adult team.
CLICK HERE for a full breakdown on our affiliation fees
For Youth Teams the insurance package on offer is "Youth Superior Gold" Please see attached information.
For Open Aged Teams the insurance package on offer is "Intermediate" Please see attached information.
Both Policies are provided by Marsh.
Click here for more info!
submit a ticket
Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA staff are on hand to help clubs through the affiliation process.