Qualify for the FA Women’s Super League/FA Women’s Championship by 2024 and sustain continued high level national women’s football presence thereafter.
Barnsley Ladies Football Club is going through a period of huge transformation. To achieve our inspiring goal we are making significant changes to how the club is run, attracting substantial investment and building a team of exceptional people capable of building an exciting football club to serve the women and girls of Barnsley.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the team and to be a part of achieving our ambitious goals.
As Barnsley Ladies Football Club Reserves team Head Coach you will take on the existing Reserve Team and develop it into a winning team which lives the ethos of the club.
You will also be an integral part of defining and moulding that ethos into a club philosophy and widespread understanding of what it means to be “a Barnsley player”.
You will take responsibility for a high performance culture for players and senior coaching team, and for creating and sustaining high standards of conduct, role modelling those standards at all times.
- Coach the Women’s Reserve team to play in a style that ensures we are in the best possible position to achieve our goal, and play in a way that maximises both player and team potential
- Select the squad and captain making the best possible decisions that deliver successful outcomes for the team and club
- Lead the coaching team in ensuring that players are physically, mentally, technically and tactically prepared to deliver their optimum performance in every game
- Create a team culture for the senior team where every player knows what is expected of them, maximising opportunities on and off the field to build confidence, cohesion and positive spirit and energy
- Creating development plans for individual players, based on their different needs to ensure that players and the club achieve maximum potential in a time constrained calendar, building a strong connection with the club’s ethos and philosophy
- Working as part of the club’s leadership team to define and maintain the club’s ethos, philosophy and what it means to be “a Barnsley player”
- Commit to attending at least 2 evening training sessions per week as well as match days on Sundays throughout the season
- Attend appropriate fixtures for scouting purposes as may be necessary
You will be an outstanding football coach, minimum FA Level 2 qualified, with a track record of consistent and successful management and development of players. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of elite women’s football structure and a passion for development of the women’s game. You will be a role model to others in building individual confidence and performance of women and girls in football and be able to demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of talent identification.
You will have the ability to inspire a team to play to their maximum potential, and to be an ambassador for Barnsley Women’s Football Club, and women’s football in general.
If you have what it takes to make a difference to the success and development of Barnsley Ladies Football Club email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Sunday 30th September. An interview and session observation process will then take place.
Barnsley Ladies Football Club promotes equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.