The dates for this season’s women’s recreational football festivals have been confirmed, with women and non-binary people of all abilities urged to get involved.
Whether it’s been years since you last played, or you’ve never kicked a ball in your life, women’s recreational football festivals are all about having fun, making friends and enjoying the beautiful game.
It’s the perfect format of the game for those that want to get away from competitive leagues but still want to experience the camaraderie and togetherness that comes with team sports.
- Winter Fest – Saturday 28th January – Rotherham Football Centre.
- Spring Fest – Saturday 25th March – Sheffield Hallam Sport Park.
- Summer Fest – Saturday 17th June – SGP Thorncliffe.
Why should I attend?
- Take part in a friendly 5-a-side and/or 7-a-side football festival
- Lots of great prizes up for grabs for teams and individuals.
- Opportunities to socialise afterwards
Who should attend?
Everybody is welcome, whatever your level of ability, but we really want women and non-binary people to attend who:
- Have never played football before
- Have taken some time out from the game and are thinking about returning
- Are not registered to any football club as an 11 a side league player
- Play for an existing women's recreational group
How to sign up
All payers must be aged 16 and over. Cost of entry for each festival is £35 per team. Individuals that want to take part can get involved by emailing Sara.Harnett@sheffieldfa.com
SIGN UP HERE