We work closely with the Football Foundation who are all about investing in local facilities that help to transform lives and strengthen communities, but we know that sometimes a really small investment can make a really big difference.
Whilst we make lots of large grant awards into key strategic projects across the country through our Local Football Facility Plans, we make even more small grant awards to help you keep playing the beautiful game. Whether it's new goalposts for one of your junior teams or some maintenance machinery for your ground staff to keep your grass pitches looking pristine, we offer a range of small grants to support the whole grassroots game.
These guidelines will give you all the information you need to develop a successful application for a small grant of up to £25,000, and make improvements such as:
• Improving the quality of playing surfaces, both natural and artificial
• Installing fencing
• Purchasing pitch maintenance machinery
• Replacing or buying new goalposts
• Refurbishing or carrying out essential works to your changing rooms or clubhouse
Once you’ve read the guidelines relevant to the improvements you want to make at your club or facility, you can go ahead and make your grant application on the Football Foundation website.
You can apply if you’re:
• A not-for-profit football club or voluntary group
• A Local Authority
• A Professional Club Community Organisation
• An educational establishment providing facilities for the community
• A registered charity
• A not-for-profit company
• A community interest company (CIC) or other social enterprise
• A company limited by guarantee
You can’t apply if you’re:
• An individual or sole trader
• A national governing body
• A commercial / for-profit entity
• A cub within the Premier League, Football League, National League System (Step 1 to 6), Regional Feeder League (Step 7), Women’s Football Pyramid (Tier 1 – 5) or the Cymru Premier League
• Educational establishments providing facilities solely for their students