Grass Pitch Improvement
Power up your grass pitch
We're revolutionising the state of grass football pitches across England, ensuring that by 2030, grassroots football has 20,000 'good' quality pitches to enjoy. So, if you're responsible for the maintenance of a grass pitch, find out how we can help you to power up your grass pitch below.
Putting the power in your hands
PitchPower is our game-changing web app that allows you to quickly and easily inspect your grass pitch(es) directly from your mobile phone. Use the app to submit information about your pitch to the experts at the Grounds Management Association who assess the site without needing to make a visit. After the assessment is complete, you'll receive a report straight to your inbox which will tell you exactly what you need to do to improve your pitch.
You must complete a PitchPower inspection before applying for any grass pitch funding.
grass pitch maintenance fund
A Six Year grant to help clubs enhance or sustain the quality of their grass pitches
The fund is a key part of the Football Foundation's Power Up Your Grass Pitch campaign - an ambition to deliver 20,000 quality grass pitches by 2030.
Who is Eligible?
All applicants must have the required security of tenure (or a signed agreement by the landowner) and have received a PitchPower Pitch Assessment Report.
• Grassroots clubs
• Education sites
• National League System Clubs Step 1-6 (only for pitches at the site that are used for community football)
What can the grant be spent on?
The funding provided must be used to carry out the recommendations from your PitchPower Assessment Report. These can include:
- Slitting – contractor works
- Scarification – contractor works
- Decompaction – contractor works
- Selective herbicide (weed treatment) – contractor works
- Fertiliser – contractor works and/or purchase of materials (fertiliser)
- Overseeding – contractor works and/or purchase of materials (seed)
- Top dressing – contractor works and/or purchase of materials (topsoil)
- Soil Sampler – purchase of a soil sampler
Get in Touch
Tom Measham - 07704 170915
(For sites in Doncaster, Rotherham, NE Derbyshire, and Bassetlaw)
Leon Dearns - 07704 170925
(For sites in Sheffield, Barnsley, Wakefield, and Kirklees)