We are accepting application to become a Squad Girls' Football provider, offering football opportunities for girls aged 12-14.
Following last year’s Women’s EURO 2022 success, and with the Women’s World Cup 2023 just months away, girls across the country have been inspired to get involved in football.
The aim for this exciting programme is to provide girls between the ages of 12-14 with a fun, relevant and engaging recreational offer that allows them to develop themselves as much as their football skills in a safe, inclusive environment.
The programme has been specifically designed to give autonomy, choice and voice to the girls who are involved in the sessions. By adopting this approach, young people will have the freedom to develop their social identity, become a valued member of a team and build their self-confidence through engaging in fun and flexible football activity.
What Will Squad Providers Receive?
To help deliver your Squad Girls' Football sessions you will receive:
- £900 of funding over TWO years
- Kit and equipment - Nike footballs, branded bibs, Squad Girls Football banners, etc.
- Bespoke training to help you set up your sessions
- Promotional assets
- National promotion through the Find Football Search Engine & Squad Girls Football Boxes
- Access to the online Squad Girls Football store
- Support from Sheffield and Hallamshire County FA staff
What are the requirements?
The delivery of Squad Girls Football involves the organisation of a unique offer of Squad sessions at a particular location and time aimed at attracting girls aged between 12-14 to take part in the sessions.
- The programme must be delivered for a minimum of 16 weeks per year
- It must operate for at least two years (i.e. a minimum of 16 weeks in EACH year)
- It must have capacity to deliver for a minimum of 20 girls/participants per session
- It must have staffing ratios appropriate to the group
- Each provider must use the England Football Events Platform to create sessions and take attendance weekly
- Staff must attend FA online training before they are signed off as delivers of the programme
- Providers must adhere to the Squad programme criteria
Who is eligible?
To find out if you're eligible to become a Squad Girls Football Provider, please download the guidance document below.
Download Squad Girls' Football Provider Guidance
How can I apply?
If you’re interested in becoming a a Squad Girls’ Football provider, please click the button below or contact Molly Johnson at Molly.Johnson@sheffieldfa.com for more information on the programme. The application window closes on 28th February 2023.