Claim the Game Application Window Now Open
The application window to become a Claim the Game provider is open from Friday 13th January until Monday 13th March 2023.
Claim the Game is an opportunity for women aged 16 and above, regardless of their level of ability or disability, to try football for the very first time or to reignite their love for the game.
A Claim the Game session could be a walking football session, a Soccercise class or even a small sided kickabout – it can literally be any type of session as long as it involves a football and meets the needs of those attending.
Following last year’s Women’s EURO 2022 success, and with the Women’s World Cup 2023 just months away, now is the perfect time to harness the feel-good factor around women’s football and provide more opportunities for women and girls to play football in your local community.
Who can apply?
If you currently deliver Weetabix Wildcats or Squad Girls’ Football sessions, then Claim the Game is a great way to expand your offer. The sessions run perfectly alongside them and will encourage mums and carers to get involved while their child takes part in a simultaneous football session.
Applications are also welcomed from any of the following organisations:
- Private deliverers
- Community groups
Organisations based in the Women’s Euro 2022 host cities of Sheffield and Rotherham are currently only eligible for this funding. If your organisation is based elsewhere and you’re interested in delivering this programme, please contact Sara.Harnett@sheffieldfa.com to discuss further.
What will providers receive?
- Funding – receive a grant of up to £900, which must be invested into your Claim the Game sessions, distributed in the following format: Year 1 - £700, 50% released at the start of the programme, 50% released after session 10. Year 2 - £200
- Training – an opportunity for providers that aren’t familiar with delivering successful women’s recreational sessions to attend a training session to discuss marketing, session delivery and participant focused sessions.
- Equipment – all providers will receive a Just Play equipment pack which contains footballs, bibs, cones and a marketing banner.
- Marketing – get marketing assets to share on social media and top tips on how to engage with your target audience.
- Support – direct access to SHCFA support via phone, email or face-to-face at your Claim the Game sessions.
What are the requirements?
- The programme must be delivered for a minimum of 20 weeks per year. It must be sustainable beyond this time.
- It must have capacity to deliver for a minimum of 10 participants per session.
- Each provider must use the England Football Events Platform to create sessions and take attendance weekly.
- Monitoring and evaluation must be provided quarterly.
- Sessions must be participant centred.
- Sessions must be inclusive and reflect the local population in which they are situated.
- Sessions must be accessible and remove as many of the physical, economical and logistical barriers to participation.
How do I apply?
The application window is open until 10am on Monday 13th March 2023.
To sign up to be a part of the programme, you will need to apply to become a Just Play centre by clicking the button below. You will need to have completed a risk assessment, health and safety checklist and upload a copy of your public liability insurance.
Apply to become a Just Play Centre
If you’d like further information, please contact Sara Harnett at email@example.com or download the programme guidance.