We’ve teamed up with the Ground Management Association (GMA) to offer a range of free workshops throughout the 2023/24 season.
So, if you’re responsible for the maintenance of a grass pitch, you don’t want to miss out on our upcoming workshops.
Workshop 1: Machinery and equipment
Date: Monday 18th September 2023, 6:30pm
Location: North Gawber Colliery, Woolley Miners Cricket Club, Woolley Colliery Rd, Darton, Barnsley S75 5RY
Content: This will be delivered alongside CFA staff, the GMA and Russell’s machinery dealership. The objective of this workshop is to promote the machinery available to clubs through the small grants. In addition, training will be delivered regarding the safe use of operating a tractor.
- Healthy and safety including, legislation and guidelines.
- Maintenance of tractors and machines.
- Guidelines for safe use.
- Preparing a tractor for use.
- Operating a tractor
Workshop 2: In-season maintenance
Date: Tuesday 21st November 2023, 6:30pm
Content: This will be delivered by the GMA with CFA staff in attendance. The objective of this workshop is to prevent cancellations of games and maintain good pitches throughout the season.
- Proactive measures to prevent cancellations.
- Improving the pitches playing conditions.
- Post match procedures and after care.
- On-going pitch maintenance essentials.
Workshop 3: Getting the best out of Pitch Power
Date: Thursday 25th January 2024, 6:30pm
Content: This will be delivered by CFA staff with GMA in attendance. The objective of this workshop is to support existing and new grass pitch sites complete and understand their Pitch Power assessments to unlock further support and funding for maintenance.
- How to complete a Pitch power assessment
- Understanding your Pitch power report
- Eligibility and how to apply for the grass pitch maintenance fund
Workshop 4: End/Preseason renovations
Date: Thursday 21st March 2024, 6:30pm
Content: This will be delivered by the GMA with CFA staff in attendance. The objective of this workshop is to provide guidance and advise on end of season renovations.
- Planning a spring renovation and recovery programme.
- How to manage your budget to get the best recovery.
- What is involved in turf grass renovations.
- The benefits of turf grass renovations.
- Restoring the playing surfaces and the opportunity to improve the site.
Book your place
To book your free place on any of the above workshops, please complete the short sign up form in the link below
CLICK HERE TO BOOK
For more information, please contact Leon Dearns at Leon.Dearns@SheffieldFA.com or 07704 170925