The Football Association [The FA] has today announced its annual survey for participants in Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA to provide feedback on the grassroots football provision in the local area.
Players, coaches, parents, supporters, volunteers, referees, club and league officials across South Yorkshire now have the opportunity to highlight areas where they require support, suggest areas for improvement and outline the impact of particular campaigns or schemes.
Since the online survey was originally launched, the responses of more than 100,000 grassroots participants have helped to inform the decision making and allocation of resources by The FA and respective County FAs. Results from the 2018/19 edition identified five key areas – both on and off the pitch – where a renewed focus is required:
- Identify the resources and tools that clubs need the most support with
- Foster the right experience for participants at this level of the game
- Encourage young people to stay active in different roles across the game
- Ensure the RESPECT campaign has a positive impact on all participants
- Adapt to the changing nature of modern grassroots football
Simon Frost (General Manager) said, "This is a great opportunity for any individual's across South Yorkshire to let us know about their experiences of grassroots football. It is also a great opportunity for us as a County FA to listen to our local football family, identify areas of development and look to implement change."
Visit TheFA.com/HaveYourSay to take part in the 2019/20 Grassroots Football Survey.