General Manager - Generous salary & benefits package negotiable with successful candidate.
The Sheffield & Hallamshire County Football Association (a Registered Charity) is looking to appoint a General Manager to provide inspirational leadership and develop all aspects of football in South Yorkshire.
Job Title: General Manager
Line Manager: Chairman
Line Manages: High Performance Senior Management Team of the Assistant General Manager; Facilities and Investment Manager; Football Development Manager; County Safeguarding Officer.
- To spearhead the strategic direction and culture of the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA and act as an ambassador for football in South Yorkshire.
- To ensure Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA works within agreed organisational values and consistently delivers against its strategic and Charity objectives and to develop the work of the charity.
- To be responsible for leading the day to day running of the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategy.
- To work with the Chairman and the Board of Directors on matters relating to safeguarding, workforce, finance, corporate governance, football development and services, marketing, communications, public relations, diversity and risk management.
- To guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes
- To attract increased investment into both the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA and football in South Yorkshire by maximising assets and continually raising the profile, image and reputation of the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA brand amongst stakeholders.
- To orchestrate delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA's major priorities:
- Providing a high quality introduction to football,
- Developing clubs and leagues to meet modern players’ needs,
- Embracing all formats and engaging all participants,
- Recruiting, developing and supporting the football workforce, and
- Developing sustainable football facilities
- Define the Sheffield & Hallamshire CA business plan and strategy in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Deliver the objectives of the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA’s business plan and strategy with support of the Council, Standing Committees, working groups and staff.
- Develop and present progress reports on the delivery of the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA business plan and strategy to the Board of Directors for regular monitoring and evaluation.
- Manage all HR and employment matters and to support the delivery of the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA business plan and strategy.
- Develop and implement the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA’s marketing and public relations strategies.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with key stakeholders such as The FA, clubs, leagues, local authorities, and commercial partners.
- Ensure that information technology is appropriately maintained to satisfy the requirements of The FA and the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA.
- Implement regular health and safety and risk management audits, policies and procedures for all areas of the business.
- Comply with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Ensure that the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA’s facilities are maintained and resourced to the highest standard.
- Develop all company policies and procedures as Company Secretary.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow profitably diversify income and manage budgets.
- Establish and monitor financial control systems in conjunction with the Accountants.
- Line manage a high performing Senior Management Team.
Job Skills & Abilities
- To be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level.
- Able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service, work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
Job Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record in leadership, staff management and running a business.
- Experience of financial management, safeguarding policies and working with a Board.
- Knowledge of Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA, The Football Association, football in South Yorkshire and the Code for Sports Governance.
If you feel that you are ready to meet this exciting challenge and would like this ideal opportunity to work in this high profile role, we would be delighted to receive an application from you for our consideration.
To apply, please send your CV and letter of application outlining your suitability and vision for this role to:
Mr Brian M Jones,
Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA Ltd.,
204, Meadowhall Road,
and marked PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL.
Alternatively you may send your CV and letter of application via email to:-
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st June 2018.
First interviews will be held on Thursday 14th June 2018 and Friday 15th June 2018.
The Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and actively promotes this by welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Please mention any particular requirements you may have in respect of the recruitment and interview process in your covering letter.