Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA is looking to appoint a full time Football Development Officer
Football Development Officer - £22,000 per annum
This exciting position will report directly to the Football Development Manager and will be responsible for supporting the development of football across South Yorkshire in line with the FA National Game Strategy.
The role encompasses the following areas:
- Plan and coordinate programmes/projects to deliver the targets to retain and grow participation for male, womens and girls, disability and BAME players
- To take specific responsibility for work with grassroots football in increasing understanding and awareness of key issues and barriers i.e. for women’s and girls, disability and other under-represented groups to meet potential for growth and CFA targets.
- Analyse and use national and local data & insight to design and deliver customer focused services .
- Design and deliver a programme of services to Clubs and Leagues
- Recruit, retain and develop Club and League volunteers
- Support the coach education department with local insight from key stakeholders
- Lead and support the review and delivery of competition and league structures with providers to ensure they meet the needs of all players
- Contribute to raising the profile and the perception of the CFA in leading and developing grass roots football.
- Identify, manage and develop relationships with key partners to meet the objectives and targets of the County FA.
- Develop relationships with local schools and universities to support the delivery of football and increase participation
- To deliver the F.A. Charter Standard Programme including the administration of the annual health check
- Support the implementation of RESPECT
- To assist and maintain safeguarding standards and policies in line with the Safeguarding Welfare team
- You may lead on specific areas of football development from time to time such as women and girls football.
You must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. In addition you must have excellent interpersonal skills. You will also need a full and current driving licence and be available to work some evenings and weekends.
To download a full job description CLICK HERE
To apply, please send a covering letter and C.V. explaining why you would be the best candidate for the role to Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA, Clegg House, 204 Meadowhall Road, Sheffield, S9 1BN.
Alternatively these details can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on Monday 23rd April 2018.
Interviews to be held week commencing 30th April 2018
Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.