'Play Your Way' Funding for Clubs
Funding available for grassroots clubs
This is your chance to get women playing football, either for the first time or again, and empower women to make the game their own. To help you do this we are offering the following:
- Funding – either innovation or development
- Support from our Women’s Recreational Football Officer
- Valuable insight on marketing and setting up your session
- Ready made surveys and consultation methods to find out what women want
- Equipment and kit (dependent on the funding applied for)
- Opportunity to engage with further funding for workforce or events
Get In Touch
Women's Recreational Football Officer
Benefits of Play Your Way
Other than the benefits to the women that you engage with in terms of physical, emotional, mental, and social benefits, we know that your will benefit by engaging with women.
If you engage with mum’s, they are more likely to recommend your club to other mum’s, who may also bring their kids along – especially if you have a kid’s session running alongside your Play Your Way Session.
Struggle to find volunteers and coaches? Play Your Way is a great way to bring women into your club and enable them to dip their toe into volunteering by organising the session, leading the Whatsapp group or leading the session as a whole. It is a great way to empower women to feel more confident in and around football and then consider other opportunities.
You can engage with a whole new audience in your community that may not have known you were there. Women without kids or little interest in local football might not know about you, by offering them a chance to have fun, be social and get fit, right in their doorstep means you’ll have more people engaging with your club.
We honestly could keep going but we’re hoping by this point, you see that there are so many benefits to Play Your Way sessions, and so many ways to set up your session. You can appeal to a specific age group, you might want to link it with a current session e.g. mums of wildcats participants, or you might want to use it to see if there is a local appetite for open age 11 a side football.
About the funding
The funding window closes on Monday 20th September at 10am.
The application form with all relevant information can be found below.
There are two funding opportunities available:
- Innovation funding – this is up to £300 for sessions that run for at least 6 weeks. These sessions must appeal to women that are either inactive or have very little history in participating in football. This funding is the opportunity for you to try something new.
- Development funding – this is up to £750 for sessions that run for at least 32 weeks of the year. These sessions can appeal to any type of women. This funding is the opportunity for you to kick start something you know is needed and wanted.
How to apply
Complete the application pack below, ensuring you also attach your public liability insurance, and send it to Sara Harnett by Monday 20th September at 10am.
If you need any support or have any questions about the application or Play Your Way please contact Sara on the email address above or on 07805 683784.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Monday 4th October at 5pm.