Walking football is fast growing version of the game
Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA supports the development of Walking Football across South Yorkshire.
Walking football is fast growing version of the game and is increasingly popular within the County.
It’s exactly what it sounds like – a standard game of football where players walk instead of run.’ It’s designed to help people get fit or maintain an active lifestyle no matter what their age and fitness, as well as support people getting back into football they have given it up due to age or injury.
Walking Football is becoming increasingly popular across the county with new sessions being set up all the time. It is a game for everyone and it means that no matter your fitness, gender, age or experience levels, there the opportunity for you to play!
- “It is a couple of hours where I can forget everything”
- “Rekindled my passion for football”
- “Enabled me to play after an injury”
- “Excellent – Top Class”
- “Has given me a purpose!”
Older people who play have seen many benefits: lower heart rate and blood pressure, less fat and more muscle, and better mobility. And it’s not just health benefits - Walking football also offers social benefits.
Participants can meet new people, avoid becoming isolated, and interact with individuals and small groups. This is one sporting activity that is suitable for all.
Find out more
South Yorkshire Walking Football
- TWO divisions Over 60s & Open Age teams to play in separate divisions so everyone gets the chance to play at a level to suit them!
- Standard Rules – by being located at one central venue with a small pool of experienced referees the league rules will be consistent and upheld.
- Players asked for social & competitive league games so we have tried to combine the best of both worlds with short games played respectfully & competitively.
Dome Leisure Centre - Doncaster 07880 954398 firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get Involved
We have created a guide to help those looking to set-up a new adult football team. The guide includes helpful information from setting up the team to increasing awareness; so should you be setting up a team in a brand new club or if you are an established club introducing a new adult team we hope you find the guide of use.