The Football Association has introduced a rule making it mandatory for Adult 11-a-side teams to have Personal Accident insurance in place for the whole of Season 2016/17.
Public Liability insurance is also mandatory and all clubs should carry a limit of indemnity of no less than £10,000,000 any one occurrence.
Bluefin Sport is The FA’s appointed broker to deliver the National Game Insurance Scheme (NGIS) and also our appointed broker. We urge you to consider your purchase of insurance cover through the NGIS.
Cover is available to adult and youth teams and protects players, committee members, managers, trainers and assistant referees/officials in the event of an accident arising from football activities.
• Accidental death
• Life cover
• Permanent total disablement
• Loss of sight, limbs, speech, hearing
Cover can be upgraded to:-
• Dental expenses
• Weekly benefits for time off work
• Broken bone benefits
For Adult 11-a-side teams, personal accident insurance is mandatory and the “Basic Plus” level of cover is the minimum level of cover required by the Sheffield & Hallamshire Football Association. We would recommend that you look at the range of benefits on offer as you may wish to upgrade your teams cover. Bluefin Sports instalment facility will help you to spread the cost of your personal accident insurance.
Please download the Personal Accident Brochure below.
How do I purchase cover for my teams?
Clubs can purchase cover through the National Game Insurance Scheme website. Some of the advantages of buying cover on-line are:
• Instant quotations with cover starting from 1 July 2016;
• Pay your premium on-line by debit or credit card or;
• Pay by 5 monthly instalments if your premium is £80 or more (Interest rate 6%, Typical APR 21.7%)
• Ability to download policy documentation and also delivery of policy documents by email.
To apply for cover, please click here.
Alternatively, you can apply by post by completing the application form which you will find at the back of the Group Personal Accident brochure. The completed application form should be returned to Bluefin Sport together with a cheque made payable to 'Bluefin Insurance Services.'
Please note if you make a postal application, a £5.00 administration fee is payable on top of the premium.
Legal Liabilities (including Public Liability)
The Countycover scheme is available to affiliated clubs, leagues and match officials affiliated to the Association. Cover is arranged by the association as a group policy, so premiums are more affordable. This allows you to purchase the cover at a much cheaper premium, whilst you also benefit from the wider cover of a policy that has been designed specifically with grassroots football in mind.
Four elements of cover in one unique package
• Public liability - £10,000,000
• Employers liability - £10,000,000
• Officers and committee liability - £5,000,000
• Professional indemnity - £10,000,000
For further information, please download brochure below.
• Please note that Countycover is only available to clubs and teams participating at steps 5 and below. If your club or one of its teams plays at Step 4 and above, please contact Bluefin Sport as they can provide a separate quotation.
• Cover is not provided for the operation of a licensed premises. This element of cover is usually provided under a commercial combined insurance policy or alternatively, Bluefin Sport can provide a separate quotation.
How do I purchase cover?
Cover is purchased when you affiliate to the Association and the premium is part of your affiliation affiliation fees.
Once the premium has been received and your application has been accepted, you will be sent an Evidence of Cover.