Want to be a Referee?
You can take your involvement in refereeing as far as you want and for the ambitious and talented refereeing can even be a career option.
The aim of the Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA Referee Development Programme is to assist in the development, training and coaching of referees who have the potential to progress to senior referee status. It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to ambitious, dedicated and talented referees.
Who can be part of the Programme?
Level 7 to Level 4 Referees who are keen, enthusiastic, dedicated and have the drive to a higher level.
Candidates will be expected to attend a specified number of meetings a year which are specifically aimed at improving not only fitness levels but also include specific technical sessions with key note speakers in attendance. Many of the officials who are currently part of the programme are on the pathway to semi professional football and beyond.
What are the benefits of joining the programme?
- Provision of a coach to support development
- Opportunity to fulfil potential
- Technical classroom based training sessions conducted monthly throughout the season to enhance knowledge and skills
- Appointments to better appointments to reward dedication.
- Officiating Academy matches for Barnsley, Doncaster Rovers, Rotherham United, Sheffield United and Sheffield United.
- Opportunity to develop towards the North East Regional Referee Development Group that aims to progress officials to Level 3 and beyond
Tell me more about officiating in the Academy
Games are played on Saturday’s at the clubs training grounds of the clubs. These games provide the opportunity to work as a team with other aspiring referees.
What are the criteria for joining the programme?
As mentioned earlier we are seeking people who are keen, enthusiastic and dedicated; they exhibit the desire to progress to the next Level via the promotion system. If you are a referee of Level 7, 6, 5 or 4 statuses you are welcome to apply to be part of this exciting programme.
If you wish to join the Referees Development Programme please contact the Referees Development Officer Craig Grundy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can telephone the office on 0114 261 5500.