South Yorkshire Walking Football League will be starting up again in November 2017 and will run for 8 months – The league would invite you to join now - all teams welcome!
Following the last league, changes have been made, based on your feedback. YOU said, WE did:
- TWO divisions Over 60s & Open Age teams to play in separate divisions so everyone gets the chance to play at a level to suit them!
- Standard Rules – by being located at one central venue with a small pool of experienced referees the league rules will be consistent and upheld.
- Players asked for social & competitive league games so we have tried to combine the best of both worlds with short games played respectfully & competitively.
The feedback from the last league was superb and we are hoping to top it again this year:
- “It is a couple of hours where I can forget everything”
- “Rekindled my passion for football”
- “Excellent – Top Class”
- “Has given me a purpose!”
This year the league will continue to run monthly fixtures, Wednesday afternoon 2-4pm from ONE location, Doncaster Rovers, Keepmoat Stadium, played in 5-aside caged pitches.
Fees will be kept the same £20 affiliation plus £20 per fixture, however we will be asking for a £20 deposit to cover any missed fixtures. To apply to join the league please complete and return the attached League Sign Up form (see below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for final entries is the 23rd October. There are limited places available in each division so please register your interest as soon as possible!