The strategic lead for grass roots football in South Yorkshire, Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA is a registered charity with a £1m turnover delivering a comprehensive range of high quality football services across Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Worksop (and surrounding areas).
The County FA is now recruiting at Board level.
A vacancy exists for two independent non-executive directors at Sheffield & Hallamshire County Football Association.
The County FA is looking for experienced candidates to fill these roles who may have senior leadership or management experience, business knowledge and/ or Board level experience to help shape the organisation. Both posts represent exceptional opportunities to share your talent and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in the County FA area.
Working as part of a dynamic, dedicated team and sharing responsibility with other Board directors, you will make an important contribution to the County FA’s strategic development and organisational transformation, whilst ensuring that the County FA continues to deliver the highest levels of performance.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with recent and relevant experience to undertake the following key responsibilities:
- To play a key role in the appointment of and support for senior management (including succession planning)
- To support the growth of the organisation
- To actively participate in the strategic management of the Organisation
- To ensure that financial information is accurate and that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust
- To check and challenge and contribute towards the development of the Organisation’s Strategy and key goals.
- To contribute to the effective running of the Association
- To promote equality of opportunity throughout the organisation
- To perform other responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors
Whilst candidates are not expected to be involved in the day to day running of the business (and will not be part of the senior management team), they will be expected to be able to monitor and to contribute towards the development of the County FA’s strategic operation and goals. They may also have any one or more of the following specialist knowledge (for example):
- experience in not-for-profit/charitable work
- financial experience and/or a financial qualification.
- legal experience with particular reference to employment legislation and work practices
- human resource and/or facilities management experience
- commercial/sponsorship experience
- knowledge/experience of education; fitness, health and well-being and supporting people with disabilities or ill-health (in line with the Charity’s Objects)
Indeed, we would be especially interested to hear from those with a background in the key areas covered within our Objects including knowledge/experience of working in education; in fitness, health and well-being and/or in supporting people with disabilities or ill-health.
In order to apply for one of these posts, please send a CV and covering letter marked ‘Private and Confidential’ explaining your experience and suitability for the role via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The General/Company Secretary, Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA, Clegg House, 204 Meadowhall Road, Sheffield S9 1BN
The closing date for applications is 5.00 p.m. on Friday the 24th February 2017.
It is expected that interviews for short listed candidates will be held during the week commencing 27th February 2017.
For more information about the role and what it entails please contact Roger Reade, General/Company Secretary care of Clegg House, 204 Meadowhall Road, Sheffield S9 1BN – or email email@example.com
Please note that these posts are voluntary/unpaid positions