The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football is awarded by 1st 4 Sport Qualifications and developed in partnership with The Football Association.
Who is this course for?
The course is for coaches who have had some experience of regular football participation, at any level and wish to become more committed to coaching football.
- Minimum Age: 16 Years
- Course Duration: 75 hours contact time
- Pre-requisites: Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football preferred
The course is divided into:
- 47 hours initial training
- 14 hours support
- 14 hours assessment - with theory and practical elements
- Distance learning modules.
On completion of the course candidates should be able to:
- Develop greater responsibility for their own learning development
- Coach the basic skills and techniques and demonstrate an understanding of the principles to attack and defence through the use of practices and small sided games
- Develop an appreciation of the coaching process, the needs of the player and related issues in sport science
- Ensure the health and safety of players and others within the coaching environment and be able to respond to any emergencies
- Promote and establish positive working relationships and high standards of behaviour with players, other coaches, parents, officials and contribute to the promotion of Association Football
- Up-to-date FA Safeguarding Children certificate (within last 3 years)
- Up-to-date Emergency First Aid certificate (within last 3 years)
- FA Laws of the Game Online Module
- Practical delivery of a 35 minute practical coaching session
- All candidate portfolio tasks
- All sessions must be attended
For the latest course information and dates, and to book online, click here.
For more information on any of our coach education courses contact Joanna Thorpe on 0114 241 4992 or email email@example.com