The Whole Game System can now be used by Club Secretaries to affiliate their club, removing the need to work through the paper based process in order to complete affiliation.
There is a guide to accessing the Whole Game System in the Help section on the FA.com at www.thefa.com/my-football/more/whole-game and the portal logon page can be found at https://wholegame.thefa.com
The system has now been set-up in order for you to start the affiliation process. When you enter the Whole Game System you will need to click on your role as Club Secretary and then follow the “Affiliate 2015-16” tab which will appear on the left hand side of your screen.
You can complete the affiliation process gradually so don’t worry if you do not have time to complete the process in one sitting, the information will be saved for when you next return.
When you enter your club’s affiliation form online you will find that last season’s information and teams have been migrated across and updated to how they may appear during the new season (i.e. Under-10s moved up to Under-11s etc).
You will still need to review the team details carefully to ensure that they are in line with your club’s actual plans but you will be able to amend this information accordingly.
In addition to affiliating for season 2015/16 you will also be able to enter your teams in the appropriate County Cup competition. The Whole Game System will recognise which competition is the right one for each of your teams and calculate any competition entry fees for you.
A series of training materials have been produced to assist you through the affiliation process. These include a printed guide, Frequently Asked Questions and a short video detailing the affiliation process. The materials can be found on the Help page on the Whole Game Portal or from http://www.thefa.com/my-football/more/whole-game/club-affiliation
Additional support can be provided by calling the office on 0114 2615500.
If you have any problems with Whole Game System please check the FAQ's below or alternatively contact the county office on 0114 2615500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please DO NOT use a blank affiliation form to affiliate for this season as you should be completing the process online or with a pre-populated affiliation form. For more information please contact the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA Offices.
Club Status has now been agreed as;
• All clubs playing within the National League System (Steps 1 – 7) are Senior Clubs
• All other Saturday, Sunday and Ladies Clubs are Grassroots Clubs
• All Clubs with only youth teams (up to and including u18) are Youth Clubs.
If you are unsure as to what status your club should be affiliated under please check with the League the Club is entering or alternatively contact the county office on 0114 2615500 or at email@example.com
From Wednesday 20th May please note the email address will change to firstname.lastname@example.org
The status changes do not affect the S&HCFA County Cups that clubs can enter, and cup entry standards remain as;
- Senior Cup
- Association Cup supported by Fortay Media
- Saturday Junior Cup supported by BlueFin
- Sunday Senior Cup
- Sunday Junior Cup
- Women’s Challenge Cup sponsored by Sheffield Trophy Centre
- U16’s Youth Challenge Cup supported by Burrows Toyota
- U13’s Challenge Cup
It is mandatory for clubs to purchase public liability insurance that includes Player-to-Player cover.
Player-to-Player cover is required as without it, legal action can expose players with assets to be pursued through the courts over and above those without assets, and leaves injured players with a ‘lottery’ as to whether they have any real means of recourse in the event of them having sustained serious injury due to a negligent act on the field of play.
Player-to-Player cover protects all participants equally.
For the 2015/16 Season we have negotiated with Bluefin Insurance Services to retain the very competitive benefits and premiums provided for Youth Personal Accident Insurance, and to increase the level of benefits provided by all the Adult Personal Accident cover levels. Clubs can opt-in to this insurance cover as part of the affiliation process.
Please note if your Club runs teams for any age-groups up to and including u18s, you must have a Welfare Officer in place in order to affiliate. For further details on safeguarding and welfare please contact Lisa Glaves on 0114 2615514 or email email@example.com
Your affiliation number will be sent to you once you have successfully submitted your Affiliation Form in complete and correct order. The affiliation number will be found on the first line of payments under the heading affiliation and will begin with the letter M, for example M-SHEFF1234.
Benefits of affiliation
There are numerous real and tangible benefits of playing affiliated football.
The 2,700 affiliated teams, who play across 45 different leagues and competitions, can expect Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA to:
- Provide eight challenge cup competitions for over 1400 teams
- Uphold the Laws of the Game through a fair and transparent discipline process, which oversees approximately 11,000 cases a year
- Develops football ensuring that all members of society have access to the game without exclusion or prejudice.
- Work in partnership with agencies, including local authorities and education authorities, schools, colleges, FURD, NACRO, DofE, probation service, etc.
- Work with under-represented groups including girls/women, youth and disabled participants to increase participation for under-represented groups.
- Provide an extensive schools programme reaching over 12,000 school children using football to address social cohesion, health and education issues for young people.
- Assist The F.A. and the Football Foundation administer grants to clubs and leagues designed to help them improve facilities, administration and participation totaling over £17 million since 2005.
- Provide grants to leagues, players, referees and clubs.
- Administer a benevolent fund aimed at supporting those members deserving of financial assistance.
- Provide Coach & Education and Medical Courses for over 2000 people a year ensuring that all participants have access to quality provision.
- Provide high quality holiday football camps for primary school children.
- Administer and promote a kitemark for quality for clubs through Charter Standard and the RESPECT programme which aims to eliminate poor behaviour and language from the game.
- Provide a comprehensive Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults programme including a Criminal Records Check (CRC), a referral system, training and support.
- Provide a handbook containing the Rules and Regulations, Articles of Association and contact details of clubs, leagues and referees.
- Provide publications with information about football development, coach & education courses, club administration and the disciplinary process.
- Provide verbal and written advice for club and league volunteers.
- Recruit, train and allocate approximately 1000 referees.
- Provide a referee allocation service for adult leagues within Sheffield.
- Provide a newsletter and monthly e-zine containing articles to both inform and promote the development of football.
- Provides a website with is updated from the football administration software used by The FA on a daily basis, with information and access for volunteers regarding player registrations, suspensions, coaches, referees and clubs.
- Provide a framework for fixtures and pitch sharing for all clubs and leagues in liaison with the local authority.
- Provide an arbitration and appeals process for clubs.
- Provide a debt recovery service for clubs and leagues.
- Provide regional and national playing opportunities for U18 boys.
- Provide an up-to-date, comprehensive player registration system for nearly 20,000 adult players in Sheffield, Worksop and Barnsley with online access for clubs and leagues.
- Provide heavily subsidised Public Liability Insurance for clubs, referees and leagues/competitions.
- Provide heavily subsidised Public Liability Insurance
- Reward and recognise volunteers and clubs
Please call the Governance Department on 0114 261 5500 for all enquiries relating to club affiliation.
The department will be able to answer any questions or queries you may have be able to send you the relevant forms and guide clubs through the process.