There are numerous real and tangible benefits of playing affiliated football.
The 2,700 affiliated teams, who play across 45 different leagues and competitions, can expect Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA to:
- Provide eight challenge cup competitions for over 800 teams
- Uphold the Laws of the Game through a fair and transparent discipline process, which oversees approximately 11,000 cases a year
- Develops football ensuring that all members of society have access to the game without exclusion or prejudice.
- • Work in partnership with agencies, including local authorities and education authorities, schools, colleges, FURD, NACRO, DofE, probation service, etc.
- Work with under-represented groups including girls/women, youth and disabled participants to increase participation for under-represented groups.
- Provide an extensive schools programme reaching over 12,000 school children using football to address social cohesion, health and education issues for young people.
- Assist The F.A. and the Football Foundation administer grants to clubs and leagues designed to help them improve facilities, administration and participation totaling over £16 million since 2005.
- Provide grants to leagues, players, referees and clubs, which totalled over £19,000 in 2011. This does not include subsidies provided for coach and education courses.
- Administer a benevolent fund aimed at supporting those members deserving of financial assistance. Over £4,500 was allocated in 2011.
- Provide Coach & Education and Medical Courses for over 2000 people a year ensuring that all participants have access to quality provision.
- Provide high quality holiday football camps for primary school children.
- Administer and promote a kitemark for quality for clubs through Charter Standard and the RESPECT programme which aims to eliminate poor behaviour and language from the game.
- Provide a comprehensive Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults programme including a Criminal Records Check (CRC), a referral system, training and support.
- Provide a handbook containing the Rules and Regulations, Articles of Association and contact details of clubs, leagues and referees.
- Provide publications with information about football development, coach & education courses, club administration and the disciplinary process.
- Provide verbal and written advice for club and league volunteers.
- Recruit, train and allocate approximately 900 referees.
- Provide a referee allocation service for adult leagues within Sheffield.
- Provide a newsletter and monthly e-zine containing articles to both inform and promote the development of football.
- Provides a website with is updated from the football administration software used by The FA on a daily basis, with information and access for volunteers regarding player registrations, suspensions, coaches, referees and clubs.
- Provide a framework for fixtures and pitch sharing for all clubs and leagues in liaison with the local authority.
- Provide an arbitration and appeals process for clubs.
- Provide a debt recovery service for clubs and leagues.
- Provide regional and national playing opportunities for U18 boys.
- Provide an up-to-date, comprehensive player registration system for nearly 20,000 adult players in Sheffield, Worksop and Barnsley with online access for clubs and leagues.
- Provide heavily subsidised Public Liability Insurance for clubs, referees and leagues/competitions.
- Provide heavily subsidised Public Liability Insurance
- Reward and recognise volunteers and clubs
Please call the Governance Department on 0114 241 4999 for all enquiries relating to club affiliation.
The department will be able to answer any questions or queries you may have be able to send you the relevant forms and guide clubs through the process.